Horizon Travel & Lifestyle Magazine
Luxury Jamaica Getaway Sweepstakes
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: “Horizon Travel & Lifestyle Magazine Luxury Jamaica Getaway Sweepstakes” is open only to legal residents of the forty eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia (void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and all overseas military installations) who are at least twenty one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry. All employees of The Jamaica Tourist Board (Sponsor), Half Moon, The Wall Street Journal, Parent companies subsidiaries, sales representatives, licensees or agents, prize partners (all of the foregoing, collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these “Official Rules”.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes entry period begins at 12:01 a.m. EST on November 15, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on January 10, 2019 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Winner will be selected at random from entries properly submitted during the Sweepstakes Period. Limit one (1) entry per person and per e-mail address.
3. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: To enter, log on to http://www.horizontravelmag.us. You may enter the Sweepstakes by registering and signing up to receive e-mail communications from The Jamaica Tourist Board by clicking on the following link, and completing all required entry fields during the Sweepstakes Period
4. PUBLICITY: As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, except where prohibited by law, each entrant and each potential Grand Prize Winner by accepting the Grand Prize grants to the Sweepstakes Entities, a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license and right, to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Sweepstakes entrant’s name, city, state and biographical material (collectively, “Licensed Rights”) in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval of any Grand Prize Winner.
5. SELECTION OF SWEEPSTAKES WINNERS: One (1) potential Grand Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or about January 11, 2019 and receive one Vacation package for two (2) to Jamaica, including roundtrip coach airfare for 2 from the closest major airport gateway to winner’s home, Three (3) nights accommodation ONLY in an Ocean Junior Suite at Half Moon plus roundtrip airport transfers in Jamaica. Any personal expenses, taxes, fees, meals, baggage fees, air seat fees and upgrades and additional costs not expressly stated within this description are the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. Trip certificate must be redeemed by November 30, 2019. Total Approximate Retail Value of prize trip is $3,500.
The potential Grand Prize Winner will be selected from all eligible entries who took the required actions during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified via e-mail and hard copy trackable carrier to the e-mail and mailing address provided on the Sweepstakes entry form. The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor, whose decisions on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: (1) a potential Grand Prize Winner’s failure to respond to notification within two-weeks of mailing; lack of response after three (3) e-mail attempts, (3) a potential Grand Prize Winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; (3) a potential Grand Prize Winner’s failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release within fourteen (14) days after its transmission; (5) a potential Grand Prize Winner’s failure to validly claim the prize by April 11, 2019; and (6) any other non-compliance with the Official Rules. In the event of prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner.
The following terms and conditions apply to the Grand Prize Winner.
- The vacation package has no cash value and is non-transferable.
- Only original certificates will be accepted at check-in. Certificates will not be replaced. Void if altered.
- Travel must be roundtrip.
- Winner and travel companion must travel together on same itinerary
- Reservations must be made and ticket issued prior to departure. Hotel and airline partner may require different booking period windows
- Booking and travel dates must fall into the range as specified.
- Certificate may only be applied towards number of passengers specified on the certificate; passengers must travel on the same itinerary
- Any unused portion of the certificate will not be refunded, and cannot be used towards another booking or another service component.
- Travel agent commission is not paid/earned on a free trip value, taxes, and fees.
- If booking exceeds certificate value, recipient is responsible for any balance due and must be paid in full at time of booking.
- Hotel taxes, state and federal income taxes may apply and are the sole responsibility of the recipient.
- Checked luggage fees may apply, fees are charged each way, and are subject to change. Luggage fees are the sole responsibility of the recipient.
- Changes to reservations, once made, are not permitted.
- Space is subject to availability.
- Winner must be 21 years of age or older and a legal U.S. resident.
- Winner and travel companion must possess valid U.S. Passports that are valid for at least six months from date of return. If a winner needs to apply for a passport it is at their own cost.
6. All taxes on the prize, if any, and other expenses related to accepting and/or using a prize not listed in these rules, are the sole responsibility of each winner. All prizes will be awarded, provided that they are validly claimed by April 11, 2019, after which no alternate winner will be selected, nor unclaimed prizes awarded.
7. GENERAL RULES: By entering or participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information or technical failures of any kind, (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; or (3) any other computer, network, technical, human or other error, problem or malfunction that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the selection or notification of winners. Further, if, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons outside the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof). Sponsor also reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify the entry of any individual found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any website operated by the Sweepstakes Entities; (b) using any robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods, which will void all such entries; (c) violating these Official Rules or the terms of service, conditions of use, and/or general rules of any Sponsor property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the prize; participation in this Sweepstakes or in any activity or travel related thereto or from any interaction with, or downloading of, computer Sweepstakes information.
8. PARTICIPANT OBLIGATIONS: By entering, each entrant agrees to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all losses, demands, damages, rights, claims, actions and liabilities of any kind arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or (ii) entrant’s participation in any prize-related activities (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s)). The Grand Prize Winners assume all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, by participating in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of the prize. Any disputes that may arise hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of New York without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Venue with respect to any such disputes shall be had in the state and federal courts of the State of New York. All taxes are the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner, who may receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the final actual value of the prize, if applicable.
Entrants, by participating, agree that Sponsor, American Express Publishing, Administrator, Facebook, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliated companies, dealers, service agencies, independent contractors, advertising and promotion agencies, web hosting and service and fulfillment providers, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by entrants against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, to persons, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize or participation in this sweepstakes.
9. OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS’ LIST REQUESTS: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or for notification of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “Horizon Travel & Lifestyle Magazine Luxury Jamaica Getaway Sweepstakes” c/o Finn Partners, Inc 11405 175th Road N, Jupiter, FL 33478. Requests for winners’ lists must be received no later than three months after the end of the Sweepstakes Period. VT residents may omit return postage.
The Jamaica Tourist Board
64 Knutsford Boulevard
Kingston 5 Jamaica, West Indies